My mission was to save money. Now, I want to help others do the same. I know that God gave me the knack to do this, and I want to help in both education and giving.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Extreme Couponing?!

Okay. I'll admit it. I love that show. I don't always love the people on there, or some of their crazy ways of savings, but that show is truly what got me excited about saving money. It went from being curious enough to watch the show to feeling like I've finally got the hang of this enough to share how wonderful it can be. Whether you do this like it's your full-time job, or it's just a way to save a few bucks, I promise it's worth it in the end.

The best part of it all is giving back. Matthew 25: 34 says, "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in" and verse 40 continues, "'The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’" Now I feel like I have the means to do that. Even if I don't have a job, I can spare the 17 cents it'll cost me to buy the two bottles of ketchup to give to a food bank. 

But, let's go back to the beginning. Curiosity. I promise this isn't hard. It might take time, but if you can keep that curiosity, it'll be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment