My mission was to save money. Now, I want to help others do the same. I know that God gave me the knack to do this, and I want to help in both education and giving.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where Do I Find Coupons? ....Part 1

When I first started this, all I wanted to know was where to find all these coupons. This is what I have learned.

SUNDAY PAPERS!! I get about 95% of my coupons in my Sunday papers. The papers that are delivered to your home have more and better coupons than the papers you will find in the grocery stores. If you don't have a subscription, you can usually find a card in the non-delievery papers for a deal. You can always just subscribe for the Sunday papers, which will save you loads.  
   
    ⁃    The big city's papers are better than the smaller town's papers. I have found that the smaller town's will not always have all of the inserts, where as the big city's will. If you're going to spend money, at least get the most for it. ;)
    ⁃    If you need papers from the grocery stores, which I usually buy 3 each week, here is how to do it  and lower your costs:
              I get one using my register rewards, which I'll explain later what those are, that I earned during the week, so that one will be free.  You can get that one on Saturday and do a little shopping/saving at the same time so it's not a special trip. It also gives me a good idea as to what will be in the store papers, and therefore whether or not I need a few more. On Sundays, I can find a deal on the big city's: 2 for $3. It'll be in a special bundle, but they go quickly! I try to pick up a pack before church.
                       ⁃    By the way, ALWAYS check to make sure that your inserts are actually in the papers you are about to buy. It'll be a bust otherwise. It's a mistake I only made once. I don't care how ridiculous I look to the other shoppers in the store. I know that I do get looks, but I think it's more of concern that I am about to just take the coupons out of the paper, instead of checking to make sure that someone didn't already do that from the paper that I am about to actually buy. I guess it's easy to think the worse in strangers, sadly.


On-line: Various websites have coupons that you can print off. Be careful, though, about where you print. Some sites are not legitimate. I'd also like to note that each "power" source for the coupons requires a different download in order to print. Once you've downloaded the first time, you're good. Here are some of the best of the best:
    ⁃    coupons.com: This website actually powers tons of printable coupons. I'll mention them later on, but unfortunately, all the coupons are NOT all on one spot. They have their own websites that you have to visit:   
    ⁃    bricks.coupons.com: this is a totally different website with different coupons, but powered by coupons.com.
    ⁃    allyou.com: yet another website with printable coupons powered by coupons.com
    ⁃    most product's websites. Okay, this one requires lots of time. If you have a product that you haven't seen or heard of deals for, but you LOVE it, try going to their website. Usually there will be a "specials" or "promotions" area on the site. This is where you'll find your coupons. Most are powered by, you guessed it, coupons.com
    ⁃    Wouldn't it be nice if they were all at one spot? :P I can help ease the "pain," though later on. I promise.
    ⁃    Target.com: Okay, I have to admit, this is probably one of my favorite spots to print coupons because they can go farther if you know what to print. Having your coupons close by helps loads. You can actually stack these printable coupons with manufactures' coupons that you found in the papers! So, keep your coupons close by so that you don't waste paper or ink printing coupons that you may or may not even use. Of course, there is the exception of if it's a product that you just can't seem to find a coupon or sale on. Then, I say go for it. Print it. :)
                ⁃    At  first, I was totally leery about doing this. I did NOT want to commit coupon fraud. But, here is how I look at it:  1. It's within their coupon policy that you CAN do this stack. 2. It's like an unadvertised deal. The savvy Target shoppers can get the best deals or sales, if they just know to print the coupon. Here is a recent deal I did that saved me big! In the clearance section, there were boxes of Old Spice soaps that had a full size and a travel sized soap. Clearance price for the two was $3.40! Already a good deal, but it's about to get sweeter. I had a coupon from my Sunday paper for buy one get one free any Old Spice soap coupon. Okay, so now I'm getting 4 soaps for $3.40. Woo hoo! Taking a moment longer, I realized I had a Target coupon for a $1 off any Old Spice soap. So, I got 4 soaps for $2.40 or just 60 cents a piece! When one regular sized soap retails at over $3 a piece, I'd say that was one awesome deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment